Rome to Venice- Easy touring, everything included!
Spend 8 nights in Italy, traveling from Rome to Venice. You'll have wonderful 5 star hotel in the center of each town, a hearty breakfast every morning, and a half day of sites and tours in each city upon arrival included in the price. Because transfers, trains, local hosts in ...Read Full Description
- Rome, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Anniversary, Family Trip, Romantic Getaway
Detailed Trip Description
Spend 8 nights in Italy, traveling from Rome to Venice. You'll have wonderful 5 star hotel in the center of each town, a hearty breakfast every morning, and a half day of sites and tours in each city upon arrival included in the price. Because transfers, trains, local hosts in each city, and the tours are all included, you will never have to worry about anything. This will be touring the easy way! Maps and information will be provided for you, but most of your time will be on your own. One half day in each city will consist of a guided tour of the most popular sites.
Day 1 - Rome
Board your overnight transatlantic flight.
Day 2 - Rome
Arrive in Rome. Balance of the day is at leisure to begin exploring the “Eternal City.” Your Local Host will have suggestions on how to maximize your time in Rome, depending on your interests.
Day 3 - Rome
Half day group touring of major sites after breakfast at the hotel.
Morning guided sightseeing and orientation takes you to Rome’s religious and cultural highlights. Visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, world famous for Michelangelo’s ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment. Continue on to St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica, which has the largest interior of any Christian church in the world, then the ancient Colosseum and the Roman Forum, where the oldest structures of the city are located.
Day 4 - Rome
Full day at leisure to enjoy this splendid city.
Day 5 - Venice
Morning transfer to the highspeed Eurostar train (first-class). Mid-afternoon arrival at your Venice hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure. (B)
Day 6 - Venice
Morning guided sightseeing and orientation: see St. Mark’s Square and Basilica, and visit the Doges’ Palace and the evocative Bridge of Sighs. Also watch a glassblowers’ demonstration. Afternoon at leisure. Your Doges’ Palace ticket gives you entrance to the Marciana Library, with one of the world’s greatest classical text collections, and the Correr Museum, which charts the history of Venice from the 13th to the 16th centuries; ask your Local Host for details.
Day 7 - Venice
Full day at leisure.
Day 8 - Venice
Your homebound flight arrives the same day.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Greek Isles Cruise
- This will be a cruise of your lifetime! Sailing from Venice and touring the beautiful Greek Isles for seven days. I will be leading this group of all ages so everyone is welcome. Group discounts will be available for air and insurance... contact us today! Ports to include Dubrovnik,Corfu, Santorini, ...
- All about Italy
- Italy, perfect for those who enjoy the arts, great cuisine, beautiful architecture, breathtaking landscapes, and phenomenal beaches. This incredibly historic landmark has it all. ------ This trip was originally created around a client's preferences, and was not a cookie-cutter trip. We tailored this package around meeting their expectations. ------ This ...
- Journey of a Lifetime
- Discover the best Italy has to offer in this 13 nights package including Rome, Florence, Pisa, Siena & San Gimignano, Chianti area, Venice and Milan.
- Slow food cooking in Tuscany
- A great experience for those who love Italy and who love to cook! Visit Rome for one day, and then slow-cook with Roberto Russo, great for his personality and charm, besides his fabulos recepies (see video.) Move to Florence, see the David, and cook at elegant Villa Pitiana, in the ...