Seven-NIght Inside Passage Cruise from Seattle on NCL
Going round-trip from Seattle makes Alaska easy and affordable. This is an especially good choice for honeymooners, families with children, and multi-generational groups. You'll see glaciers and wildlife, have excellent adventures, and spend a very special evening in dazzling Victoria! Seattle Travel Guide and Trip PlannerRead Full Description
- Alaska, United States; Glacier Bay, Alaska, United States; Juneau, Alaska, United States; Ketchikan, Alaska, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States; Skagway, Alaska, United States; Victoria, Canada
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Price Range:
- From $1000 to $2000 (Many unusual values for this summer -- this is the HOT destination for 2009.) per person See what this includes and what this excludes
- Best Time to Go:
- May, June, July, August, September
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family with kids, Seniors
Family Trip, Honeymoon, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
Going round-trip from Seattle makes Alaska easy and affordable. This is an especially good choice for honeymooners, families with children, and multi-generational groups. You'll see glaciers and wildlife, have excellent adventures, and spend a very special evening in dazzling Victoria! Seattle Travel Guide and Trip Planner
Day 1 - Seattle
Arrive in Seattle and be transported to your ship to begin your Alaska adventure.
Drop your stuff in your stateroom and go exploring this exciting new ship! Find out what's happening, where all the restaurants are, and the cool places to hang out. If you don't have a balcony room, stake out a spot on deck for the grand sail-away!
Day 2 - Alaska
Enjoy all the ship's amenities! The pools and hot tubs, the spa and fitness center, the sports courts, the library, the shops, the lounges and music, the casino, the art auction, -- and we can't forget the restaurants and buffet choices!
Your daily program is your guide to everything happening on the ship today. Take it all in or do nothing at all -- it's your choice!
Day 3 - Juneau
In the afternoon you'll dock or tender at Juneau -- the capital of Alaska. There are many choices of activities here!
There are several tours that combine a visit to Mendenhall Glacier with other activities, but whichever you choose, be sure to see this lovely glacier and the park surrounding it. There is a visitor center, nature trails (keep an eye out for bald eagles, beavers and bears), and ranger services. Since it's still light until well after departure time, you may even have time for a ride up the Mt. Roberts tram!
Day 4 - Skagway
Plenty of time to enjoy the little town and its Gold Rush history. Be sure to take the train ride!
Whether you take the long ride into Canada, or the short ride up into the mountains, you'll experience breath-taking scenery and have a great time following the path of the 1898 Gold-rushers.
Day 5 - Glacier Bay
No stops here -- just enjoy the magnificent scenery!
Watch as giant chunks of blue ice break off from Marjorie Glacier -- a process called "calving." You'll know a big splash is coming by the sound of the cracking and splitting of the ice.
Day 6 - Ketchikan
Take a tour, or enjoy this lovely town by exploring on your own!
The most exciting thing to do if you go in July is to take a floatplane tour to Neet's Bay, and watch the black bears as they sneak out of the woods to catch the ever-abundant salmon.
Day 7 - Victoria
Most of the day is spent sailing, but in the evening there is time for a breathtaking tour of Butchart Gardens!
The famous gardens you've seen the pictures of come to life -- fill your own photo album with the visions of artistic plantings, glorious color, and serene elegance.
Day 8 - Seattle
So sorry -- but you are back in Seattle now and must return home!
If you don't have an early flight, consider a city tour arranged through the cruise line, or go ahead and stay an extra day or two! Note: there are some differences in intinerary depending on cruise line / ship. I'll help guide you through all the choices to pick the perfect one.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Alaska Cruise Specialist
- Sunday had come and we were on our way on the ferry to Seattle and the ship. The ship went out of Pier 91, a brand new pier that opened up the middle of April. The view from the second floor was awesome! We boarded the ship, went to our ...
- Harley Davidson Alaska Adventure
- 7-Night Harley-Davidson Guided Bike Tour with 7-Night Inside Passage Cruise. They call Alaska "The Great Land." And to do it justice requires an adventure to match. Encounter a world larger than life, with a ride that takes you deep into Alaska's interior where natural wonders abound combined with a relaxing ...
- Alaska! The I want to see it all Land and Sea Tour and Cruise
- Royal Caribbean's Radiance of the Seas 12 Night Inland Tour and Cruise visiting Anchorage, Denali, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Seward, Juneau, Skagway, Icy Straight Point, Ketchikan, and cruising the Hubbard Glacier.
- Western Canada By Land, Rail And Sea
- Enjoy 12 Days Western Canada By Land, Rail and Sea Escorted tour featuring sightseeing and many activities in Banff, Calgary, Jasper, Prince Rupert, Vancouver and Victoria. Edmonton Travel Guide and Trip Planner