The Southern Cross Safari
Arrive Nairobi; transfer to your hotel. Overnight Stay: Sarova Panafric Hotel (Superior room). BBRead Full Description
- Amboseli, Kenya; Nairobi, Kenya; Nairobi Area, Kenya; Nakuru, Kenya; Samburu, Kenya; Tanzania
- Trip Length:
- 14 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Adults (21 - 24)
Adults (25 - 29)
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Honeymoon, Romantic Getaway, Trip Around the World
Detailed Trip Description
Arrive Nairobi; transfer to your hotel. Overnight Stay: Sarova Panafric Hotel (Superior room). BB
Day 1 - Nairobi
Arrive Nairobi; transfer to your hotel.
Overnight Stay: Sarova Panafric Hotel (Superior room). BB
Day 2 - Samburu
Your exciting Kenya safari first visits the Samburu National Reserve in Northern Kenya,
where you will go on an afternoon game drive.
Two Nights Stay: Wilderness Samburu Lodge. Meal: B, L, D
Day 3 - Samburu
Spend a full day discovering the unique species of mammals and birds at Samburu.
Overnight Stay: Wilderness Samburu Lodge. Meal: B, L, D
Day 4 - Samburu
Depart for the Serena Mountain Lodge, a famous tree hotel, located at 2,194 metres on
the slopes of Mt Kenya in dense rainforest. Afternoon and overnight game observation at
the flood-lit waterhole.
Overnight Stay: Serena Mountain Lodge Meal: B, L, D
Day 5 - Nakuru
En route to Nakuru, stop to admire the 73 metre plunge of the Nyahururu (Thomson’s)
Falls. Afternoon game drive in the Lake Nakuru National Park to see the large number of
flamingoes and East Africa’s only white (square-lipped) rhinos. Depart for Lake
Naivasha in the late afternoon.
Overnight Stay: Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort. Meal: B, L, D
Day 6 - Nairobi Area
Visit the famous Maasai Mara National Reserve, home to the Big Five of the animal
kingdom: elephant, buffalo, rhino, lion and leopard.
Two Nights Stay: Sarova Mara Camp. Meal: B, L, D
Day 7 - Nairobi Area
Full day of game drives in the Maasai Mara National Reserve, the northern extension of
the Serengeti ecosystem. Meal: B, L, D
Day 8 - Nairobi
After breakfast, we return to Nairobi via the Mau Escarpment. Arrive in Nairobi at lunch
time. The afternoon is available for leisure and optional activities. Overnight Stay: Sarova
Panafric Hotel (Superior room). Meal: B
Day 9 - Amboseli
Depart on your safari to the Amboseli National Park at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro,
which reaches a height of 5895 metres/19,340 feet. Kodak once wrote that the view of
Mount Kilimanjaro from the Amboseli National Park is the most photographed subject in
Africa. Overnight Stay: Amboseli Serena Lodge Meal: B, L, D
Day 10 - Amboseli
Your early morning game drive is the best time to see the mountain cloud-free. After
breakfast at the lodge, drive through the Park to Namanga at the Kenya/Tanzania border
and board the Impala Bus to Arusha. Lunch at the Impala Hotel. Drive to the Lake
Manyara National Park for an afternoon game drive. The Lake Manyara National Park is
famous for its tree-climbing lions, elephants and large number of flamingoes and
baboons. Overnight Stay: Lake Manyara Hotel (or Kirurumu Tented Lodge or Lake
Manyara Serena Lodge). Meal: B, L, D
Day 11 - Nairobi Area
After an early breakfast, depart to the Serengeti National Park. En route, you will visit the
Cradle of Mankind at Olduvai Gorge where traces of pre-historic people date back 3.5
million years. An optional visit to an authentic Maasai village is available (additional fee
required). Lunch at the lodge is followed by an afternoon game drive. The Serengeti
National Park covers more than 14,000 square kilometres and is well-known for its large
number of plains game and associated predators including black-maned lions.
Overnight Stay: Seronera Wildlife Lodge (or Serengeti Sopa Lodge or Serengeti
Serena Lodge). Meal: B, L, D
Day 12 - Tanzania
Early morning game drive in the Serengeti National Park before departure to the world
famous Ngorongoro Crater, the second largest crater in the world (264 square
kilometres). Enjoy an afternoon Crater tour. The Crater is teeming with wildlife including
the Big Five and countless flamingoes. Overnight stay : Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge (or
Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge or Ngorongoro Serena Lodge) Meal: B, L, D
Day 13 - Tanzania
Reach the Tarangire National Park in time for lunch. The Park is noted for its many
baobab trees and always has water, which means there are always a lot of animals to see.
They include lesser kudu, eland, lion, gerenuk and elephant herds numbering up to 300
animals. More than 550 different species of birds were recorded in the park.
Overnight Stay: Tarangire Safari Lodge (or Tarangire Sopa Lodge). Meal: B, L, D
Day 14 - Nairobi
After an early morning game drive in the Tarangire National Park, return to Arusha
where your safari ends with lunch at the Impala Hotel. In the afternoon, the Impala bus
will take you back to Nairobi for a FREE FAREWELL LUNCH/ DINNER AT THE
CARNIVORE then drive to the JKIA Airport for your final departure from East
Africa. Meal: B, L
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Highlights of Kenya and Tanzania
- Experience the wonder of Africa and all who inhabit it. Private game viewing vehicles with experienced guides will take you on several drives each day in search of lions, elephants, giraffes, and rhinos. Skim across expansive landscapes in the shadow of majestic Mount Kilimanjaro glimpsing a diversity of wildlife in ...
- 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari
- To Africa Tours and Safaris is delighted to bring you a superb value set departure 4x4 safari our new 7 nights / 8 days Kenya Escapes Safari. This 4x4 safari is in a new land cruiser with pop up roof and with a silver qualified guide. It is fantastic value ...
- 8 Day Tanzania Highlights Safari
- A high-value road safari featuring both luxury tented camps and traditional safari lodges, this memorable Tanzanian safari offers two nights in the undiscovered wilderness of Tarangire National Park, a sensational three-night stay in the world-famous Serengeti National Park, and a visit to the ‘eighth wonder of the world', the magnificent ...
- 12 Day Tanzania Safari & Beach
- A comprehensive Tanzania safari featuring both luxury tented camps and traditional safari lodges. This memorable safari offers two nights in the undiscovered wilderness of Tarangire National Park, a sensational three-night stay in the world-famous Serengeti National Park, and a visit to the ‘eighth wonder of the world', the magnificent Ngorongoro ...