Viking Cruise Line's Cultural Delights cruise/tour
An amazing combination of land and river travel, highlighting cultural and historical sights along the way. We'll start in Shanghai and end in Beijing with a 10-night cruise on the Yangtze river in-between.Read Full Description
- Beijing, China; China; Chongqing, China; Shanghai, China; Xian, China
- Trip Length:
- 17 days
- Price Range:
- From $4149 (These are two for one fares ) per person See what this includes and what this excludes
- Best Time to Go:
May 08, 2010 to May 25, 2010
- Recommended for:
Adults (30 - 39)
Adults (40 - 64)
Detailed Trip Description
An amazing combination of land and river travel, highlighting cultural and historical sights along the way. We'll start in Shanghai and end in Beijing with a 10-night cruise on the Yangtze river in-between.
Day 1 - Shanghai
Arrive in Shanghai and transfer to your hotel.
Day 2 - Shanghai
Enjoy a tour of Old Shanghai, visit the Shanghai Museum and have free time to explore on your own.
Day 3 - Shanghai
After breakfast, ride to Suzhou, nicknamed “Venice of the East” for its intricate canals. Take a guided walk through the Old Town and along the city’s canals, and then tour a silk factory and the exquisite Fishermen’s Garden. After lunch, ride to Nanjing to board your ship. You are welcomed aboard with a Western dinner.
Day 4 - China
Marvel at the tranquil beauty of Mt. Jiu Hua, one of only four sacred Buddhist mountains. Visit one of the area’s Buddhist temples, then return aboard for dinner.
Day 5 - China
Today, visit the Ceramic History Museum in Jingdezhen, dubbed “the Porcelain Capital” due to its 1,700-year history of making pottery. Learn how ceramics were produced in ancient times and their significance to each dynasty.
Day 6-12 - China
Continue your river cruise with stops and excursions each day, including a tour of the Three-Gorges Dam.
Day 13 - Chongqing
Disembark at Chongqing and fly to Xian, key city of the Tang Dynasty.
Day 14 - Xian
After breakfast, tour the mausoleum where Emperor Qin Shi Huang was laid to rest over 2,000 years ago. Marvel at the thousands of life-sized terra cotta warriors, archers, infantrymen and horses provided to accompany him into the afterlife. After lunch, fly to Beijing, China’s former imperial capital whose rich history dates back more than 3,000 years. Check in to your hotel.
Day 15-17 - Beijing
Enjoy escorted tours, including trips to the Great Wall, the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square, with free time to explore on your own.
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Viking Cruise Line's Cultural Delights cruise/tour
- An amazing combination of land and river travel, highlighting cultural and historical sights along the way. We'll start in Shanghai and end in Beijing with a 10-night cruise on the Yangtze river in-between.
- Hong Kong, Beijing to Xian Tour
- Beijing is the capital of China. It is the center of politics, economic and culture in China. In China history, a lot of dynasties took here as the capital city. And about 24 crown nobles became the emperors in Beijing. Among them, the Ming dynasty and Qing dynasty paid more ...
- The Magic of China
- Enjoy a thirteen day trip to China full of adventure, sightseeing, and excitement. You will have the opportunity to walk on the Great Wall, experience Guilin by boat, visit the Forbidden City, have a VIP experience at Hong Kong Disney, and more. This trip is a once in a lifetime ...
- Wonders of China and Yangtze Cruise
- An unforgettable nine days of culinary and cultural experiences centered around Yangtze River Cruise. Some highlights include visiting the Temple of Heaven, the Forbidden City, the famed great Great Wall, the Summer Palace and Tian An Men Square in Beijing. You will also travel to Xi'an where you will have ...