Wonders of Costa Rica
This package combines the highlights of Costa Rica with volcanoes, waterfalls, beaches, rainforest and rafting. A perfect combination of rest and activity in a tropical paradise!Read Full Description
- Fortuna, Costa Rica; Jaco, Costa Rica; San Jose, Costa Rica
- Trip Length:
- 8 days
- Best Time to Go:
- Any time.
- Recommended for:
Infants (under 2)
Children (2 - 5)
Children (6 - 8)
Children (9 - 11)
Children (12 - 14)
Children (15 - 17)
Adults (18 - 20)
Adults (25 - 29)
Family Trip, Honeymoon, Summer Vacation
Detailed Trip Description
This package combines the highlights of Costa Rica with volcanoes, waterfalls, beaches, rainforest and rafting. A perfect combination of rest and activity in a tropical paradise!
Day 1 - San Jose
After arrving in San Jose, Costa Rica, we'll pick you up at the airport and transfer you to your first hotel in a quiet location surrounded by coffee plantations.
Day 2 - Fortuna
Travel from San Jose to Arenal Volcano through lush countryside.
Your rental car will be waiting for you when you check out of your hotel. You'll then drive 3.5 hours through beautiful countryside to Arenal Volcano and Hotel Arenal Paraiso. After checking in, you'll visit The Springs Hot Springs. Relax in hot springs surrounded by lush vegetation, enjoying a tropical drink and watching Arenal Volcano's fireshow.
Day 3 - Fortuna
Rainforest Exploration and Tabacon Hot Springs
Leave your hotel in the morning for a guided hike near Arenal Volcano National Park. Immerse yourself in the rainforest as you learn about its inhabitants. Witness the volcano's transformative past as you learn the unique history of this natural wonder.
In the afternoon, zip through the treetops on the Canopy Tour in the rainforest!
Day 4 - Jaco
Leave Arenal Volcano and drive 4 hours to the Central Pacific coast. Hotel Club del Cielo is a beautiful newer hotel featuring very nice rooms, a quiet location and condominiums with a full kitchen, patio and nice amenities. Near the town of Jaco and centrally located for an amazing array of sights and activities.
Day 5 - Jaco
Rainforest Exploration by Land and Water
Explore the rainforest on foot with a guided rainforest hike to see monkeys, leaf-cutter ants, macaws, parakeets, iguanas, and many other animals and birds. Wildlife and tropical habitat surround you as your professional guide points out and explains them.
Marvel at huge crocodiles, scarlet macaws, Jesus Christ lizards, and many exotic birds and plants on the Jungle River Cruise. This tour along a quiet river and mangrove estuary showcases Costa Rica's biodiversity. Relax in the evening at the beach.
Day 6 - San Jose
On your way from the beach, visit La Paz Waterfall Gardens and then drive to your garden oasis in the Central Valley.
Check out of your beach hotel and drive to La Paz Waterfall Gardens to experience waterfalls, Cloud Forest, lots of birds and other wildlife. Then, you'll take a short drive to Hotel Bougainvillea in San Jose. Return your rental car at the hotel in the evening.
Day 7 - San Jose
Shoot the rapids through the rainforest on the Pacuare River. This all-day tour includes transportation, breakfast, lunch, snacks, refreshments, guide and all equipment. Travel through canyons and virgin rainforest for 16 miles. The class III-IV rapids are not rigourous and require no prior experience. With calm sections between the rapids, you can jump in and float in the warm water! This is an unforgettable, magical experience!
Day 8 - San Jose
After checking out of your hotel, we'll transfer you to the airport to depart Costa Rica
Not the trip you were looking for?
Click here to find experts to book your trip (it's free!)
Submit Inquiry to Travel Specialist
Trips you may also be interested in
- Amazing Costa Rica-In 10 Days
- Arrive in San Jose, and stay for 2 days. While you are there take a tour of Turtle Island, then go to the Arenal Region, and visit the Arenal Volcanoe and Tabacon Springs. After three days go on to Quanacaste for a beach holiday or go water rafting, then go ...
- 6 Night Costa Rica Vacation with Adventures by Disney
- Follow the Path to Pura Vida – San Jose, Arenal, Manuel Antonio and Quepos Pura Vida. The Pure Life. A life dedicated to nature’s beauty and harmony. Where you’ll fly high over rainforests, soak in secluded thermal springs, and conquer whitewater rapids. It’s a life filled with fiery dances, fresh-picked ...
- The Nature of Costa Rica
- If you have a limited amount of time in Costa Rica and want to maximize your money and time, then this package will suit you perfectly. We have hand-selected each hotel and carefully designed this itinerary to make a truly memorable experience in our tropical paradise. We would be happy ...
- Yoga and Costa Rican Eco-Tour: A Mind Body and Spirit Program for Women of
- Rejuvenation…with a little adventure on the side! Time to slow down and get back into balance. We guarantee you will leave feeling fabulous! Daily yoga classes are offered each morning, and the days vary with either one or two programs offered by Dr. Susan Schliff you may wish to participate ...